Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pete Dorchak's Photo Story















Two members of the Stogie Softball Team, Tom and Jeff, arrive at the field before a playoff game against The Maulers.















The Stogies take the field in the first inning. Jerry is the pitcher with Bill at first, Kevin at second, Tom at shortstop, Keith at third, myself in left, Dan in left center, Steve in right center and Ben in right field.
















This picture is of my Dad who catches for our team. He keeps Jerry in line and calms him down if he is struggling to find the strike zone or if his defense aren't making plays.














I am set to lead off one of the innings. I am trying to get on base so we can score some runs and lengthen our lead.














After reaching 2nd base with a double to left field, I wait for my teammates to knock me in so I can score. I eventually score and we increase our lead.















It's the top of the 7th inning and we are clinging to a three-run lead. Tom and I are set and ready to make a play if the ball is hit to us.













The Stogies record three outs in the 7th and win the game 7-4. All the Stogies converge near the dugout and celebrate their victory.















The players aren't the only one rejoicing. A large number of Stogies fans- spouses, sisters, children- are on hand to celebrate the victory.
















The Stogies are all smiles in the dugout. Ben, Dan, Keith, Steve and myself are pleased with our performance are excited for a victory dinner at Friday's.

No comments:

Post a Comment