Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mike Revak's Photo Story

A Trip Through the Color Spectrum


I'm guessing this is a petunia. I honestly have no idea, but I guess the whole "A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet" applies here quite well.

These purple flowers caught my eye for some reason. Then, when I went to shoot it, it came up as this cool blur effect from the edges as it moved towards the middle.

Despite being a resident, I'm still unsure of the names of each and every flower. I guess that's the difference between a journalism student and a landscape architecture major...

Walking through the Woodland Gardens as the sun was coming up, I figured it would be a cool shot if I caught the sun peeking through the leaves. What I didn't anticipate was having to lie on the ground to get the right perspective.


An opening shot of the Formal Gardens, the main section of the Ambler Arboretum.

The main fountain of the Formal Gardens, I've heard that the statue is haunted, but I chose not to investigate further...

The walkway to the Healing Gardens. Again, a really cool perspective shot that had me lying in gravel. Uncomfortable, but totally worth it.


As I was leaving, I noticed this really rustic stone wall with some vine-like plant (again, I am a journalism student after all) draping over it. I loved the contrast between the two so I just went with it!

A shot from the Winter Garden. It involved almost placing the camera in the middle of the plant, but I think it turned out quite well.

In the end, it is a Temple campus after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment